The Hydrogen Ireland Association (H2IRL) acts on behalf of its members to deliver the necessary support to help hydrogen and fuel cells become a key component of a low carbon economy. It provides an authoritative point of contact and a clear, informed and current view on development and demonstration priorities for Government, other funding agencies and key influencers.
The H2IRL exists to provide value to its members by:
1. Advocating strongly for a positive social, political and economic environment for the development of renewable hydrogen energy and fuel cells on as the island of Ireland develops a zero and low carbon economy.
2. Representing the shared interests of its members, using a collective approach to maximise impact and effectiveness.
3. Providing a common voice to answer concerns about hydrogen energy and fuel cells.
4. Sharing non-commercially sensitive information and facilitating knowledge transfer.
5. Promoting the development of best practice, safety guidance and standards in the deployment of fuel cells and hydrogen.
6. Influencing government and company policies on the island of Ireland to support hydrogen energy and fuel cell development, demonstration and procurement.
7. Influencing the policies of public and private sector organisations to support hydrogen energy and fuel cell deployment on the island of Ireland.
8. Representing members’ interests with European and International organisations and initiatives.